Learning a foreign language is becoming increasingly more important in today's global economy. Through the study of a foreign language, students will learn to understand and appreciate different cultures, countries, peoples and communities.
At Rose Bridge Academy students are taught to develop the language skills of listening, reading, writing and speaking, in order to communicate effectively and accurately.
Students will study a variety of topics at KS3 and KS4.
All students in KS3 study Spanish and can choose to study Spanish in KS4 as a GCSE option.
Reasons for why it is useful to study Spanish:
- More than 500 million people around the world speak Spanish
- Through learning a language you discover what life is like in other countries through their cultures and customs
- Learning a language develops your confidence to speak and communicate with others
- You may need the language for your work in the UK or abroad
- You may wish to study abroad one day
- If you ever moved abroad you will be able to talk with local people
- You may need the language for study or research in another field
- Research shows learning languages increases your job prospects
- Maybe you just like the challenge of learning another language